JOB VACANCY: Marketing & Publicity Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location of job: Melbourne
Appointment type: Part-time, Fixed-term contract
Applications close 5pm, Monday 30 Jan.
About the role
The Marketing and Publicity Coordinator plays a leading role in the development and implementation of marketing and communications activities that grow EWF’s audience, reputation and brand. The role works closely with the Executive Director to plan and deliver a comprehensive and creative brand campaign which positions the festival as an unmissable event on Melbourne’s (and Australia’s) cultural calendar and a valuable hub for emerging writers.
The role would suit an ambitious multi-tasker with proven experience and interest in rolling out competitive marketing campaigns and social media strategy. A proven ability to produce high-quality written and visual material for marketing outputs (such as e-newsletters, social media) and publicity materials (media releases) is a must. Digital fluency and an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (including media partners, suppliers and artists) is essential.
Key role responsibilities include:
- • Marketing (print, audio, online and off)
- • Stakeholder & Partnership Management
- • Event Management
- • Social Media management
- • Marketing and promotion
- • Evaluation, communications and sales/engagement reporting
Key Selection Criteria
The Marketing & Publicity Coordinator will need to demonstrate:
- •A knowledge of the Australian literary sector and an interest in the Festival’s target audience and mission;
- •Creative skills in identifying target audiences and devising engaging marketing campaigns across a variety of platforms;
- •Ability to generate creative content and deliver coverage across a variety of outlets;
- •An established network of media contacts, with a strong focus on arts and culture media;
- •Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure to meet Festival deadlines.
- •Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with excellent attention to detail.
- •Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a wide array of key stakeholders.
- •The Marketing & Publicity Coordinator will be employed by the Emerging Writers’ Festival and will work from the Festival office at the Wheeler Centre in Melbourne, and also from home when required.
- •The Marketing & Publicity Coordinator is employed under a part-time, fixed-term contract for 10 months. The position will commence at 1 FTE and shift to 0.4 FTE from July 2023 (post-festival).
- •The remuneration for this position is $52,000 pro rata plus 10.5% superannuation.
- •The position will start in February 2023 and conclude in December. Exact dates to be negotiated.
- •On-site and out-of-hours work will be required in the lead up to and during the Festival period (14-24 June).
How to Apply
- •Only applications that address the Key Selection Criteria will be considered.
- •This role is not available remotely, as the Marketing and Publicity Coordinator needs to be on the ground in Melbourne for and in the lead up to Festival delivery. However, EWF does operate on a flexible work environment with some work from home hours available.
- •Applicants must submit a statement of no more than three pages addressing each of the key selection criteria, together with a CV and cover letter in one document (word or PDF) with your surname as the file name.
- •Please submit your application to [email protected] with the subject APPLICATION: Marketing & Publicity Coordinator
- •Applications close 5pm AEDT Monday 30 Jan 2023. Late applications will not be accepted. Interviews for the position will take place the week of 2 February. It is hoped the successful candidate will be able to begin mid-February 2023.
For any questions about the role please contact Jes Layton, Executive Director of the Emerging Writers’ Festival via 03 9093 7877.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.