MARKETING & PUBLICITY COORDINATOR
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work closely with the Executive Director to plan and deliver a comprehensive and creative brand campaign which positions the festival as an unmissable event on Melbourne’s (and Australia’s) cultural calendar and a valuable hub for emerging writers. Other key responsibilities include:
- •Delivering a niche marketing plan according to program themes and target markets;
- •Producing and managing all campaign related content for social media channels, e-newsletters, the festival website and blog;
- •Work closely with designers and external contractors to produce marketing collateral, develop briefs and meet production timelines;
- •Help generate and maintain advertising income across all Festival platforms;
- •Assist with partnership deliverables; ensuring marketing benefits are delivered.
- •Developing and maintaining contra marketing partnerships;
- •Researching, developing and pitching a range of creative stories to media;
- •Producing a suite of media releases, alerts and feature stories.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
The Marketing and Publicity Coordinator will play a leading role in the development and implementation of marketing and communications activities that grow EWF’s audience, reputation and brand.
The role would suit an ambitious multi-tasker with proven experience in rolling out marketing campaigns. A proven ability to produce high-quality written material for marketing outputs (such as e-newsletters, social media) and publicity materials (media releases) is a must. Digital fluency and an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (including media partners, suppliers and artists) is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
- •Download the role statement in WORD or PDF
- •Applicants must submit a statement of no more than three pages addressing each of the key selection criteria, together with a CV and cover letter in one document (word or PDF) with your surname as the file name. Only applications that address the Key Selection Criteria will be considered.
- •Please submit your application to [email protected] with the subject APPLICATION: Marketing & Publicity Coordinator.
- •For any questions about the role please contact Alice Muhling, Executive Director of Emerging Writers’ Festival on (03) 9094 7877.
- •Applications close 5pm Wednesday 3 March, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.